Wednesday, July 14, 2010
Officers present: Cheri, Mike, Samrat
- The meeting topic schedule is complete through the end of the year.
- There will be a survey sent out about desired topics soon.
- From Kelley Bogart: a mandatory web developer training is coming out soon.
- From Kelley Bogart: every internet-facing application will be required to have AppScan run against it annually.
- From Kelley Bogart: the ISO office will be working with IBM to bring someone to give a class to train AppScan experts on campus.
- Q: Is there talk about getting more licenses for AppScan?
- A: Yes, but not right now.
- Possible class dates: Aug 9-10 or Aug 11-12.
- Kelley: there have been changes to the Application Security Standard.
Presenter: Ashi Singh, Office of Institutional Research/Planning Support
- This is free to anyone who has a NetID.
- Each user must go through training in order to use the support structure (see illume.arizona.edu). There is a small cost ($250-300).
- Illume is a survey tool.
- The presentation is very configurable.
- Basic form elements are available.
- Image maps are available.
- It is possible to embed video, audio, images.
- Illume has been available on campus for 2 years, but not accessible until recently.
- Q: How many people on campus are using Illume?
- A: Unknown, but OIRPS has trained 50 people. AHSC uses it a lot.
- Illume has very flexible reporting.
- It does not integrate with campus systems.
- Detailed roles are available, e.g., Administrator, Analyst, Designer, Remote Data Collector, Viewer.
- There are various levels of security built in.
- It integrates with SPSS.
- Data can be downloaded as csv or viewed as HTML.
- You can input test data and keep it separate from production data.
- There is a SDK.
- Q: Can the SDK be used to integrate with, say, Shibboleth?
- A: Yes.
- Q: Besides the branding, does Illume give extensive control over the styling, etc.?
- A: Yes.
- Illume.arizona.edu has forums for asking questions; OIRPS pays close attention to the forums.
- If there is enough interest, a training session may be offered near the end of summer.
- Q: Are there samples / screenshots available?
- A: No, but we will consider it.