UA Digital (Web Branding) - "Cat-a-thon" all-day session last Friday
UA Branding updates:
Elections for group officers coming up:
- Web Developer (currently Lizeth Mora)
- Co-Chair (currently Mark Fischer)
Margrit McIntosh, BioCommunications - Web and Graphic Design Services
Mark Fischer, UITS - Infrastructure Development
- You need to scan your applications with AppScan by the end of the fiscal year.
- External Relations is going to be working with a consultant to develop a detailed web style guide and Drupal themes.
- Tracey Hummel has been selected as Website Developer
- Mark Fischer has been selected to be Co-Chair
- Secretary is still vacant
Mark Fischer presented a brief overview of PHP.
- File Access
- Security Considerations
The souce code files used in the presentation can be downloaded here: staffpage.zip (35k)
UA Web Developers 2011 Jun 08
Elections: The Chair and Secretary positions are due for elections.
Mike Hagedon nominated himself for Chair, vote was unanimous.
No nominations for the Secretary position. This position is now vacant.
The Scalable Multipurpose Interocitor
Joey Leingang and Jason Katterhenry
See attached presentation - PDF 5.5MB
Q. How do you recommend someone learn Python?
A. Give them a reason... Django. See djangoproject.org.