Paul Tumarkin, External Relations - Marketing
Chris Green, External Relations - Marketing
Kate Jensen, External Relations - Marketing
Bernadine Cannon, UITS
Rebecca Macaulay, Student Affairs Systems Group
Rebecca Macaulay, Web site Developer/Graphic Artist for the Student Affairs Systems Group (SASG), gave a talk demonstrating how to create an Adaptive/Responsive UA Drupal 7 Theme Using Omega as the base theme.
I believe it is correct to say that her themes will be made available after being vetted by External Relations. More on this in the Sept. 12 meeting.
Omega Tools: http://drupal.org/project/omega_tools
In Spring of 2012, a small project team took on a 6-month redesign challenge. This presentation will outline the process we used to complete a website overhaul for the Center for Creative Photography. We developed a purpose, target audience, personas, primary tasks, and scenarios. We conducted a competitive analysis, surveyed users, interviewed stakeholders, and created an information architecture and fresh content. We evaluated the design by means of remote card sorting and usability testing. Finally, we established and implemented a sustainable content strategy.
- Topic next month: Issue tracking / versioning
- Open secretary position
- Elections: if you'd like to get more involved with WDG, two offices are up for re-election next month - Co-Chair and Website Developer. Also, our Secretary position is vacant at the moment.
- We need topics!
- The next meeting of the Python Study Group is next Friday @ 2:30.
- WDG will be supporting the drupal.arizona.edu website and UA Drupal listserv. More details to follow.
Presentation: Web Graphics, Christine Scheer, SBS Tech (handout attached)
Next month: AppScan (Gil Salazar)
Co-Chair: Samrat Miller (unanimous)
Website Developer: Mark Fischer (unanimous)
We should do a social event quarterly or every semester or so, so we get to know one another better and what expertise we all have.
Video on the Web
- Meeting room change next month to Computer Center 337
Presentation: Web Typography
- Ed Murphy is scheduled to present about AppScan in April.