Graphics, Images, and Video
July 9, 2014 - Officers in attendance Matt H, Jonathan S, Laura L, Mark F - Presenter.
Q: Any news on UA branding requirements for websites?
A: Web developers working in External Relations have been given no information. Vendor, Ology, is doing everything. UA staff is not part of the process.
You can’t go by the current look of the arizona.edu home page: it’s not final. It’s currently being evaluated and there may be a v2 in Aug. or Sept. Newest logo lockups are final but no word on web banners.
Paul Tumarkin, External Relations - Marketing
Chris Green, External Relations - Marketing
Kate Jensen, External Relations - Marketing
Bernadine Cannon, UITS
Rebecca Macaulay, Student Affairs Systems Group
- Elections: if you'd like to get more involved with WDG, two offices are up for re-election next month - Co-Chair and Website Developer. Also, our Secretary position is vacant at the moment.
- We need topics!
- The next meeting of the Python Study Group is next Friday @ 2:30.
- WDG will be supporting the drupal.arizona.edu website and UA Drupal listserv. More details to follow.
Presentation: Web Graphics, Christine Scheer, SBS Tech (handout attached)
Next month: AppScan (Gil Salazar)
Co-Chair: Samrat Miller (unanimous)
Website Developer: Mark Fischer (unanimous)
We should do a social event quarterly or every semester or so, so we get to know one another better and what expertise we all have.
Video on the Web
- Meeting room change next month to Computer Center 337
Presentation: Web Typography
- Drupal workshops scheduled; sign up at: http://drupal.arizona.edu/workshops
- Next meeting: UA redesign discussion
- August: Drupal Support Services & fun stuff to do with drupal.
- Chair: Chris Foree
- Secretary: Danielle S.
UA on Itune U and YouTube channel
Learning Technology Center
UA on iTunes U:
- Next meeting (April 9th): UA Marketing Research
- May 14th meeting: UA on iTunes U and UA's YouTube University Enhanced Channel
Presentor: Gary Mackender
Office of Student Computing Resources (OSCR)