March 12 Webmasters meeting
Officers present: Mike H., Jonathan S., Margrit M.
Advisors present: Mark F.
(1) UA Webmasters will hold a special meeting, probably next week, for UA Marketing to present information about web branding and the new arizona.edu site. Stay tuned for details.
(2) BioCommunications will be posting a web-related job announcement soon.
This is a great group to work for. Stay tuned for details.
This "how-to" structured presentation will walk you through the process of creating dynamic content to breath life into boring static sites. While geared towards entry level developers, the modules and display techniques presented can be usefull in presenting pages, images/videos, or anything advanced users may want to control.
Come and learn how to :
- Display page blurbs and thumbnails as an animated "news ticker"
- Create Banner Slideshows
- RSS, Always fresh content from other sites
Date: Wednesday, May 8, 2013
Presenter: Margrit McIntosh
Do you want to bring RSS feeds into your Drupal site? Do you want to send your content out as a Feed? Would you like to grab news items from UA News and bang out nodes from them? Is there a blog you'd like your site to "subscribe to"?
Maybe there's a wad of records you'd like on your website, and those records exist in the form of a spreadsheet. Can you bring these in and make nodes out of them, without having to enter them by hand?
Can you use Feeds to migrate content from one Drupal site to another?
- September Meeting – "Know Your Blackhat: Common Web & Server Vulnerabilities and Exploits" Presentation by Chris Foree.
- Next month: marketing research presentation in Highland Commons B113
- Drupal can now run on web.arizona.edu
Advanced Drupal – Customized UANews.org website